Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hosea 10:14 - Therefore Shall A Tumult Arise...


Therefore shall a tumult arise... This is the fruit of the last verse (Hosea 10:13 - they have done wickedly), because they have done wickedly there will be turmoil. This is the fruit of wickedness, tumultuous situations arise and people end up in turmoil. Troubles arise, relationship are destroyed, enemies arise and people are in turmoil over it all because they have forsaken the Lord and have turned their back on Him. This battle that is referred to in this verse is unclear; some feel it was a battle Shalmanesser fought against this place but the real point is that there was great cruelty and turmoil (mother and child were not pitied and were slain with brutality). The Assyrians were merciless. The enemy of our soul is merciless and when people turn against the Lord, break His commandments and walk contrary to His ways many times they open themselves up to "enemy invasions". Like Gomer they do not appreciate the protection of her husband (a type of the Lord) and now she is at the mercy of her enemies and they will cause turmoil (eventually Gomer said, it was better for me with my husband...turmoil led her to this conclusion).


Hos 2:6-13 KJV "Therefore, behold, I will hedge up thy way with thorns, and make a wall, that she shall not find her paths. And she shall follow after her lovers, but she shall not overtake them; and she shall seek them, but shall not find them: then shall she say, I will go and return to my first husband; for then was it better with me than now. For she did not know that I gave her corn, and wine, and oil, and multiplied her silver and gold, which they prepared for Baal. Therefore will I return, and take away my corn in the time thereof, and my wine in the season thereof, and will recover my wool and my flax given to cover her nakedness. And now will I discover her lewdness in the sight of her lovers, and none shall deliver her out of mine hand. I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts. And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees, whereof she hath said, These are my rewards that my lovers have given me: and I will make them a forest, and the beasts of the field shall eat them. And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the LORD."


Some, who leave the protection of their loving Lord, say "Why is God letting this happen to me" or "God is punishing me for disobeying Him". I am not sure that is always correct, perhaps what has happened is that they have left themselves exposed, as did Gomer, when they departed from His protection. Because they have left Him He no longer intervenes and allows them to eat of the fruit of their doings. I know there are some reading this who can relate to what is being said because they have departed; please take time to seek the Lord and ask Him to once again bring you under His wing. The enemy will not stop until you are destroyed but with God there is respite, there is forgiveness and there is mercy. Remember Hos 10:12 KJV "Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you."

No comments: