Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Storm, The Darkness, The Fire Will End Then There Will Be Joy!

Job 8:21 - "Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing."

This is the result of those who please God; though they suffer, though they have valleys and dark trials they are going to be filled with laughter and rejoicing. This is reminiscent of Psa 126:1-6 "1 A Song of degrees. When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. 2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. 3 The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. 4 Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south. 5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."

This is exactly why we should try not to be overly downcast when we suffer; suffering has its purpose and it has its work to do in our lives (God has not promised we would always have sunshine, He promised our end would be good if we please Him). For those who remember Him and strive to please Him (even in the midst of their weakness from their trial) they will always rise from the ashes and will worship Him again in strength and blessing. We should avoid forming harmful opinions and casting off restraint when it seems all is lost in a trial because everything eventually turns good for the righteous, everything rights itself again and God upholds them and turns again their captivity. This is going to be the way with Job as well; he will see better days, the sunshine and blessing of God will again rise upon this man.

Do you suffer yet again, are you again in a valley? Hold fast to your character, retain your integrity and God will bring you out! In despair you will be tempted to complain against the one who seeks to do you good, do not do it, resist the temptation because it will lead to casting off restraint and wicked works which will turn His favor permanently. The secret is to allow yourself the permission to say: "Come what may I know He does only wondrous things; blessed be His name" Lean on what we all know about the character of God, He is just, He is upright, he does not punish the righteous and He deeply loves humanity. At the end of every storm, when darkness comes to the end or the fire is finally extinguished the end of the righteous is always laughter and joy!

MY HEAVENLY FATHER WATCHES OVER ME

I trust in God wherever I may be,
Upon the land, or on the rolling sea,
For come what may, from day to day,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

Refrain:
I trust in God, I know He cares for me;
On mountain bleak or on the stormy sea;
Though billows roll, He keeps my soul;
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

He makes the rose an object of His care,
He guides the eagle through the pathless air,
And surely He remembers me;
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

I trust in God, for, in the lion’s den,
On battlefield, or in the prison pen,
Through praise or blame, through flood or flame,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

The valley may be dark, the shadows deep,
But, oh, the Shepherd guards His lonely sheep;
And through the gloom He’ll lead me home,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

No comments: