Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ecclessiastes Chapter Seven cont... No mixture!


25 “I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:”

Solomon illustrates for us time and time again the mixture that was in him; this is not the pathway to righteousness peace and joy but rather to confusion and misery. The quest one should be on is not one the mixture of Ecclesiastes 1:17 “And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.” Or of Ecclesiastes 2:12 “And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can the man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done.” Our quest should be to have the mixture removed from our lives and to have singleness of vision; David illustrates this for us in Psalm 27:4 “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.” Whilst Solomon sought for, and pursued, many things his father David was seeking for one thing only!

No comments: