Thursday, September 16, 2010

Proverbs Chapter One Continued... They have rejected my counsels


25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

It is a tragedy when wisdom's counsel is scorned, she warns, “You have treated all my counsel as nothing, pushed it from your mind and dismissed it as unimportant”. This foolish individual has insulted wisdom by giving no weight to her words. They have ignored her and counted her counsel as nothing, they did not desire her counsel. How, practically, does one do this? It is by not listening to the counsels of the Word, of the pastor or the counsels of the brethren; it is by not being teachable or turning at correction. These flaws are like the kiss of death on ones spiritual life and well-being!

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Proverbs 1:26-30 flow together and in short, for the one who has rejected her counsel, wisdom is not available to them to aid them when needed in crisis. This much needed wisdom is something that must be gained over time by embracing her in each and every situation one finds themselves in. It is part of an everyday walk of life, not just for emergencies; if she is not embraced each day she will not serve them when they need her. Again, make it a practice to receive correction each and every time… “Turn at my reproof”

No comments: